Saturday 10 September 2016

How to plan a cue card



It is the second part of IELTS speaking  test , where you will be given a random topic to speak on for  1 to 2 minute. A cue card is the main part where the examiner checks your ability to speak a good English.


Sample  question :  Describe something you own which is very important to you?


You should say:-

·         Where you got it from
·         How long you had it ?
·         What you use it for?
·         Explain why it is important to you?

* Got as b’day gift from my father  on my 20th birthday
 *since an year
* i use it to go college and hangout with my friends
* i love it , it is my companion of my difficult times i adore it and it like a part of my family
 
                                                                  

These are the main key  points or answers of question of cue card , you can prepare your cue card by writing these points because these cover your questions but also these only are not enough ,you have to organize your cue card story and add  some points  in your mind within a minute.

Tips for Planning a cue card

·         Do not memorise your answer and be natural.
·         Try to use your 1 minute wisely using the paper provided ( make the spider diagram)
·         Go question by question as it is very easy to answer the one question in 3-4 lines.
·         Organize a cue card like a story  and  organize the ideas systematically
·         Keep a sharp eye on your fluency and Pronunciation
·         Telling a lie is acceptable                                            


Here is the full sample of cue card, question by question :-

Well, there are many things that I own but here I am going to talk about a thing which is really important for me and that is bike. I got this bike as a birthday gift from my father on my 20th birthday , so ,its been a year since I have this bike. Speaking of the features of this bike, the bike color is black and the name of the bike is Bajaj pulsar 220. It is the latest edition  of this company and this is a sports bike.

It’s look is totally different from others bikes and got so many advanced features like digital lights,digital meter , disc brakes, strong suspension, better fuel efficiency , moreover  there are number of ways, I use this bike, first of all I use this bike for going to a college daily and coaching classes, in the evening time I use bike to hangout with my friends, I also use this bike to do the work of my father’s business as well as for household works like going to buy grocery with my mother.

There are ample of reasons why this bike is important for you,  I love this bike  it is my companion of difficult times, it helped me many times  to reach the places on time. I adore it and very possessive about it. I never use to lend it to anyone unless there is not an emergency on top of it I also keep the maintenance of it. I get its service done on time and wash the bike at least once in a month.  I feel like it is a part of my family.






                                                                                                                    

       

No comments:

Post a Comment